Saturday 3 April 2010

The Now Show

I agree it's gone off, but why is that? Overfamiliarity? The presence of Marcus Brigstocke?

Makes you wonder to what extent the producer helps shape the programme; I cerainly remember enjoying it in the Ashley Blaker era and I believe he used to contribute to the scripts.

***

The Funniest Now Show catchphrase ever came out of a piece mocking the formulaic interviews - those of Johnny Vegas in particular - on those I Love the 70s/80s/90s/New Millennium programmes once popular on BBC 2.

You can resurrect it in the privacy of your own home: all you do is select your decade, put on a husky Vegas-type voice and rasp: "If you didn't have a [insert name of toy here] you were NOBODY!"

Don't know whether it lasted more than a few weeks on the programme, but it seemed hilarious at the time and I still endeavour to use it at every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment