Sunday 4 April 2010

Son of Cliche

I would like to hear again Cliche and Son of Cliche by the same writers. The sketch I most remember (not one of the regulars) imagined a football supporters-type rivalry between fans of Tom Stoppard and Arnold Wesker. Can't claim to remember the lines but something very, very vaguely like: "We're not looking for trouble but anyone who casts doubt on Tom Stoppard's grasp of metaphor..."

Regulars included Captain Invisible and the See-through Kid (write your own jokes) and Asso! Spanish Detective ("I zoomed off in my car ... opened the window and drove away."). I seem to remember in the Captain Invisible series a super-villain whose plan for world domination was aided by underpants designed to contract with heat ("You fiend!"). Not the most subtle of shows, but I'd love to hear whether it holds up after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment